cewas Start-Up Programme
Requirement: Bachelor or Master Degree in environmental studies/engineering, sustainable development, economics or other appropriate areas of study. People without an appropriate degree may be permitted if they can prove extended relevant work experience (decision by study committee).
Students taking all three courses are fully prepared to operate their own business in the field of sustainable water, sanitation and resource management.
cewas is the international Training Centre for start-ups in the water, sanitation and resource management based in Willisau (Switzerland). The third cewas Start-Up programme is directed at graduates who want to start their own business in the emerging water sector. Within the one-month intensive programme which will be commencing in August 2016, young entrepreneurs-to-be are supported in the foundation of their business with advanced training modules, business coaching and consulting by international experts and an extensive international network.
- Course A: Develop your Business Idea: get inspired and develop your start-up idea in the water and sanitation sector (3ETCS)
09.–12. August: 2017
- Gain a clear understanding of SSWM and its complex interlinkages
- Identify market opportunities
- Develop and refine business ideas
- Nail down what is unique about your idea
- Course B: Develop your business model: use the business model canvas applied to water and sanitation businesses (5 ETCS)
14.–18. August 2017
- Develop your business model
- Improve your presentation and networking skills
- Identify your value proposition and customer segment
- Course C – Testing your minimum viable product: Test your business idea with real customers (2 ETCS)
24.August – 31. August 2017
- Convince real customers at the sector's most important event - the Stockholm World Water Week
- Present your idea to an audience of sector experts and potential customers in Switzerland
- Course D: Launch your business: launching and operating your business in the water and sanitation sector (5ETCS)
06.–15. September 2017
- Learn about financing
- Legally found your Start-Up
- Learn how to manage people, projects and your own business
- Fine-tune your marketing and acquisition skills
- Implement real projects
It is possible to visit each course seperately.