Training for Facilitators – How to lead workshops and meetings efficiently and effectively
When working with groups good facilitation is paramount to success. A facilitator who guides the process in a professional, goal-oriented way and also understands to create a motivating atmosphere and a culture of open communication will be able to harness and make good use of the full potential of a group. Meetings – be it a team meeting, a workshop related to the exchange of experiences and/or project cycle management, a training situation or any other public event – will become more efficient and effective, without being less fun.
To get to know and/or deepen the basic techniques and behaviours of a facilitator
- are able to consciously step into and fill out their role as facilitator, feel comfortable in front of a group and start to discover and/or develop their individual style of facilitation;
- have the basic knowledge to soundly prepare and implement meetings, workshops and training sequences;
- are competent and effective in the use of graphic and written display (visualization);
- can handle «special» participant and critics;
- manage/lead discussions by paraphrasing and the use of concise questions.